Monday, March 30, 2009

That's more than I can bear

There are many situations that really make me get annoyed, although there is a punctual situation that I really cannot stand, this is when somebody is being pickpocketed, and everybody in that place have noticed, but despite, nobody does anything to stop this awful act, and neither to think that they would point their fingers to denounce and to show to everybody who is the pickpocket.

It once happened, I was in a bus stop in EstaciĆ³n Central, when a I saw a thief who was pickpocketing to a person that was trying to get on a bus. Everybody there was seeing what was happening, but anyone did nothing to stop it. Besides, the thief had got on in the bus too, so I went to that bus to tell the bus driver that a pickpocket had got on in his bus, an he responded to me: Yes, I know. I could not believe it, he knew about that situation, in spite of this, he did not stop it. Well, after that, I kept awaiting for the bus in the bus stop, and, to my atonishment, the thief had comeback to keep commiting that unpunished act . It seemed to me unbelieveable. In that very moment, I felt the anger flowing through my vains. I could not bear that situation to happen again in front of me. The bus, which I was awaiting for came, and the thief, again, went to the crowd, which was trying to get on in the bus, to rob someone's stuff. So, I stood next to the pickpocket and I said to him: get out of here, that is not your stuff. Incredibly, he responded to me: I was just trying to get on the bus to go home. Then, I replyed: get out of my way before I kick your ass. Afterwards, the robber went back to the bus stop, but he could not keep doing his job, at least, when I left that place on the bus, everyone on the bus stop was looking at him, so ,I imgine, that he could not rob, at least, for a few of hours, due to the shame to be recognize.

Some days later, I saw him again, in the same bus stop, but people there knew who was he, thus, people in that place stop him by themselves. I have never seen the pickpocket again , since the second time that I saw him, in that bus stop.

So, the first step to solve this kind of situation is to have courage to denounce this act in public,when it is happening. After this begining, all people there will get together to support you to stop the thief. And, as a second, and very important step, is to do not get in a crowd to get on a bus. Instead of this, poeple should make a line to get on the bus, thusly, respecting the turn of everybody, and to avoid to hit, to pull or to push anybody else, trying to get on a bus. In other words, getting on a bus in a ordely way.

No comments:

Post a Comment